Will a Danfoss heatplan pack work on my heating system..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l have already mentioned previously l need to change both my 2 port valves on my S- Plan and have looked into the best way of doing this price wise..
l have seen a Danfoss heatplan pack with 2 port valves, timer and h/w and c/h stats for a good price, if this can be changed for all the parts l already have on l will get a central heating chap in to carry out the work.

At the moment l have a Potterton EP 2000 timer.
Honeywell Room stat.
Honeywell cylinder thermostat.
Grundfos pump
2 ACL 2 port valves.

The valves are 5 wires Brown ,blue,black, yellow and white.
Pump and cylinder stat are brown , blue and Earth..

Will this be possible without to much fuss, as if it is l will get it ordered and call a chap to get it sorted out..
Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes this pack will fit but I would suggest that you get a quote to supply and fit before you buy, not many decent engineers will do fit only, not because they want to make a mark up on the kit but if you supply and its faulty then its not the installers fault and they will still want paid and paid more when you get a replacement for the faulty component this is only fair , whereas if they supply the kit and it is faulty its up to them to supply replacement free of charge

yes this pack will fit but I would suggest that you get a quote to supply and fit before you buy, not many decent engineers will do fit only, not because they want to make a mark up on the kit but if you supply and its faulty then its not the installers fault and they will still want paid and paid more when you get a replacement for the faulty component this is only fair , whereas if they supply the kit and it is faulty its up to them to supply replacement free of charge
Never thought of it like that, and l can see your point..
l know how much the Danfoss heatplan pack costs, so would a central heating plumber get it cheaper on discount..
l don't know if l can ask this question on here but "how much would it cost for someone to do the job."

all depends on your system but wouldnt expect it to be very expensive, all depends on the time to drain down and refill as well as any additional fixing for new stats programmer etc I would as a rough guess say 4 hours but that is a rough guess without seeing what you already have installed

Sponsored Links
It begs the question why are you doing it? Not much of an upgrade IMO.
l'm not upgrading as you say, l need to change my zone valves as both are faulty and with 2 valves being in a heatpack with all the other components at a very good price l thought of getting this..

I'd just replace the faulty valves with the Honeywell equivalents. May cost a bit more initially, but are likely to last, and should prove cheaper long term.

You could just replace the heads ( which unclip ) easy enough to trace the wiring.

No cost of drain down or engineer?

Take the fuse out of the spur or isolate the system first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back