Will a Lofty clear condensation in built in wardrobes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My condensation problem lies in one bedroom. I have fitted wardrobes in this room but have had to remove all clothing from them as things were getting ruined by mildew. I have just had my loft insulated, have polysterene bead cavity wall insulation, have tried a dehumidifier and open the windows for an hour a day. Am thinking of getting a Lofty but need to know whether it will improve the situation within the wardrobes? Presently I keep some of the wardrobe doors permanently open to increase the airflow but ideally would like them shut. I live in a stone property and have been told that a Lofty would solve the problem but would be keen to hear from anyone who has one fitted. One insulation engineer suggested having fresh air vents fitted in the wardrobes whilst another said that this would be pointless.

Sponsored Links
Condensation is very tricky to sort out as it relies on several variables (heat, ventilation, insulation) and also the particular layout of the property (such as north facing walls) and the occupants lifestyle.

The standard advice of fit a vent, turn the heating up etc, may be just so impractical or ineffective. In which case a positive pressure fan such as the lofty will do.

But it may be a sledgehammer/nut scenario.

Generally for minor condensation like you have, it may be best to try the normal methods first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back