Will a mini digger and dumper get through 1600x2500 height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My architect has proposed some a two leaf french doors to my utility room. If in a few years time I wanted to landscape my garden and needed to get a mini digger and dumper through this gap with the doors wide open but not removed, will it fit through if the doors are 1600 wide (total) and 2500mm high?

Will there be damage to the floor tiles of such machinery going through?

Sponsored Links
Hi

My architect has proposed some a two leaf french doors to my utility room. If in a few years time I wanted to landscape my garden and needed to get a mini digger and dumper through this gap with the doors wide open but not removed, will it fit through if the doors are 1600 wide (total) and 2500mm high?

Will there be damage to the floor tiles of such machinery going through?
Is this a wind-up?

Sponsored Links
What I mean is if you are exiting into the back garden via the French doors, how are you getting into the building?

A micro digger (if you drop the safety bar) may get through and a motorised barrow. You won't find any sit on dumpers low enough I doubt.

You will also ruin whatever you trample across as well as spill spoil everywhere. It really is a ridiculous idea.

Tiles, probably not. Door frames, probably yes

If you have a garage it might be be cheaper to cut a new opening and install a rear door on that than risk going through the house.

Of course it would need to be a big job to justify the cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back