will i have enough ventilation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Iam goin to renew the loft insulation we have at the weekend, at the moment its very old and is falling apart and only has a depth of about 80mm.
Iam not sure how far i can put the insulation to the edge of the building, i think i have plastic vents fitted to the underside of the roof because i cant see what else these items would be and the soffits have been replaced with plastic ones that have vent slots along there whole length.
Would it be ok to push the insulation right to the plastic roof vents or would i still have to keep it away to avoid condensation.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
so long as you are careful not to stifle the air flow into the roof then fill ya boots.

should you block or stifle any vents with the insulation, then take measures to ensure the air still flows, i.e. hollow tube or drain pipe or any means that ensures the air flows from the vents into the roof space.

just lay your insulation right up to the junction of the ceiling ties and the roof rafters and you will be fine, so long as you don't ram the insulation down into the void created between the soffit and fascia

Sponsored Links
so i think i can push it right up to the plastic.
Provided that the plastic panel has a slot in the top for the air to pass through, as shown in the link you provided. Don't cover the slot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back