Will my shower controls be too slipery to turn?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just bought a Mira Coda thermostatic bar valve shower. The left hand flow control valve is very smooth with virtually no 'grips' designed onto it. I am concerned that with soapy hands it may be a problem to turn easily. I would be grateful to know if anyone has had such a problem. The right hand temperature control valve is the same shape although has a red button on it which I think should solve the problem when adjusting the temperature.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Mira make good kit and im sure they have considered the fact it will be wet when used. Imo your worrying about nothing.

Obviously something that should have been thought about before making the purchase.

Bar showers come with smooth/round, smooth-but-shaped and with levers or cross-handles.

If it worries the op so much, he could always take a pair of mole grips in with him ;)

Seriously op, by the nature of it being a shower, you can always rinse the soap off your hands and the bar if they become slippy, which they won't :)

Sponsored Links
yes it will work as long as its fitted correctly.

but

i always insist on a different shower mixer and taps only because they have worked very well/no problems where ever i have had them installed.

i only use bristan prism range,shower bar mixers and taps.

very nice products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back