Will this be ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi first post here :eek: , I have a tank fed hot water system and mains cold water to all my taps. I have fitted a mira excel thermostatic mixer shower and it is really poor so I have decided to fit a pump. I am thinking of fitting it in the air-in cupboard next to the HW cylinder. My question is : will I be okay fitting a single head pump which will boost the HW pressure to the WHOLE HW system or will I have to install the pump to only boost the HW to my shower ( install a dedicated line to the HW inlet of shower) The first way being the easiest :)
any advice will be very much appreciated

thankyou

Sponsored Links
Our friends had a central pump although that was a dual pump (hot & cold). It was fine for the shower. However, it was a nusance the rest of the time - it would leap into action every time somebody turned a tap on - probably didn,t do tthe pump any good either. May be worth considering.

Sponsored Links
I had a customer with the same problem, slightly worse perhaps, as the 2 mira showers fitted to the en suites fitted by the house builders.
Some other cogis had quoted on combi boilers and ripping out the perfect y plan system with stored hot water.
She was quoted £3000 + for combi conversion.
I recomended she keep with the y plan (only about 10 years old) and fit a main multipoint in the garage to feed just the showers new chrome thermo mixers, (she got two on offer at £180)
The lady now has mains pressure showers, and a perfectly working seperate Y Plan.
She is now happy as larry. I even got a thankyou card.

OP have you checked with manufacturer that this shower can take pumped water? as a lot of twin pipe showers are low pressure!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back