Will Warranty Cover this??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought the rear brakes were sounding a little rough on our '54 Megane which has been dealer serviced according to schedule, it's actually due a service in about 2k.
I took the wheels off and the discs are shot to pieces!!! :eek: the shiny surface has actually rusted away meaning skimming is impossible. I'm shocked at the state of them. The Megane came with a 3yr warranty which is just about up.
Do you think the discs would be replaced as a warranty item. The condition of them is such that they are totally u/s, so much so that they couldn't have been fit for the job and perhaps have been a bad batch.
The car has done 32k. I have done the front brakes about a month ago and the discs on the front weren't too bad [/b]

Sponsored Links
Not a hope in hell.
Get some new ones from www.gsfcarparts.com and get a reputable back street garage to fit them for a couple of hundred quid less that renault will charge........... or buy a haynes manual and do it yourself

Rear discs on the majority of cars are really a gimmick, they never get the abuse the front discs get so often corrode more quickly.

freddymercurystwin said:
Rear discs on the majority of cars are really a gimmick, they never get the abuse the front discs get so often corrode more quickly.

Is better braking a gimmick? I know you said majority.
I have gone from mondeo with discs to focus with drum, there is a big difference.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
freddymercurystwin said:

Is better braking a gimmick? I know you said majority.
I have gone from mondeo with discs to focus with drum, there is a big difference.

Rear brakes do about 20% of the work the front brakes do, all cars vary, weight distribution, suspension set-up, spec of the brakes, tyres, all sorts of things have an impact on how a car brakes, just because one car is better than another cannot necessarily be attributed to having discs on the back.

I agree with you freddym----twin, the rear brake will only do about 20% of the total braking, disc brakes are less prone to fading, but at least with drum brakesyou get a handbrake that works ( if they are maintained properly) :LOL:

Back