Will you fight if your asked

, Stalin's Soviet regime starved to death – equally deliberately – some four million men, women and children in the Ukraine
That isn't true, anymore than the Churchill government starved 4 million Bengali's to death.

Sponsored Links
Liz truss said in an interview she will support any uk citezins going to Ukraine to fight

hmmm imo I don’t think that statement is particularly wise ??
Total hypocrisy...

UK Citizens have been prosecuted for fighting against IS!

Sponsored Links
If I'm reading your scenario correctly and you mean Scotland invited Russia/China to base troops in Scotland, I would be 100% against this and I'm pretty sure the high majority of the voting Scottish public would be the same. However, if for whatever reason it was passed into legislation and happened, I'm not sure in that scenario what else I could do other than protest thereafter.
A better analogy would be, what if the Irish Republic, a country which gained independence from the UK decided that in order to protect its independence it would ask the Russians or Chinese to place their nuclear missiles on their territory to deter a possible invasion( not an unlikely scenario, as the British government drew up plans to invade the Irish republic in WW2).
What do you reckon the British reaction would be to the above scenario.

Total hypocrisy...

UK Citizens have been prosecuted for fighting against IS!
Ukraine is an internationally recognised sovereign state.
I.S. isn't a recognised state, that is probably the difference.

A better analogy would be, what if the Irish Republic, a country which gained independence from the UK decided that in order to protect its independence it would ask the Russians or Chinese to place their nuclear missiles on their territory to deter a possible invasion( not an unlikely scenario, as the British government drew up plans to invade the Irish republic in WW2).
What do you reckon the British reaction would be to the above scenario.

go back to the cuban missile crisis , all started by kennedy when he thought it would be a jolly good idea to station pershing missiles on the turkish border with russia

we can blame the west and the eu for encouraging ukraine to throw out some russian backed dictator , or blame it on some other western activity

nowt to be done now

hindsight is a wonder ful thing along with the word "if"

but we are where we are and tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of our lives

That isn't true, anymore than the Churchill government starved 4 million Bengali's to death.

But their actions did lead to the starvation of millions, just as they did in the 1840s during the Irish famine.

But their actions did lead to the starvation of millions, just as they did in the 1840s during the Irish famine.
That was the point i was making.
The Baker said that the Holodomor famine was a deliberate act of genocide by Stalin rather than the result of a disastrous policy of forced collectivisation pursued by the Russian government.

If I had to fight I would, but I am feeling old and knackered and not sure how useful I'd be. Home guard only, which basically means planting and detonating IDEs, and if push comes to shove, chucking a Molotov at a tank before being blown to pieces.

That was the point i was making.
The Baker said that the Holodomor famine was a deliberate act of genocide by Stalin rather than the result of a disastrous policy of forced collectivisation pursued by the Russian government.

Agreed.
The Chinese policy during the 1950s had similar catastrophic effects.
Forcing nature to go beyond its limits or against its natural capabilities isn't a good idea.

The Americans tried something like that in Bali during the 1970s, insisting native farmers use modern methods to increase their rice crop yields. All they managed to do was force the soil to produce more than it could sustain, reducing its nutrients and disrupting a carefully nurtured cycle built up over a thousand years.
As rice yields began to drop the Balinese decided to go back to their way of cultivation and the rice production soon regained its previous levels.

Sponsored Links
Back