Window handle broken: Timber window frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Really hoping a kind stranger will be able to assist me.

The handle that opens my bathroom window has snapped off when closing it one cold morning. It is housed in a timber window frame.

My problem is that for the life of me, I cannot find the correct handle anywhere online or in stores. I don't even know the proper name?

I have attached some pictures from the living room window which uses the same type of handle. in order to help explain better. I know that it is a Shaw window handle.

Does anyone know what this is called and if so, where they can be found?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kris

Sponsored Links
This is just an espag handle, granted you might not find the exact style and shape of handle but if your not bothered then any espag handle will do

A thousand thank you's sir!

Are these handles relatively easy to fit? In terms of making sure the lock that pops out to open or close the window fits in with the new handle?

Many many thanks again.

Kris

They're one of the easiest diy jobs you can do, in your pictures it shows a pozi screw, covered when the handle is down (closed), remove this screw, the other screw is behind the gold sticky pad on the other side, flick te cap off, remove 2nd screw....again a pozi and te handle slides off.

Wen sourcing your new andle don't be too worried about the spindle length, this can be cut down to the same length as your old handle, most handle manufacturers just stick with one spindle length.....about 40mm in which case it'll suit many different applications/systems leaving you to cut it wit a hacksaw

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/handles/window-handles/espag-handles/

Sponsored Links
Wow just read my last post, apologies for the spelling, was replying via my phone and this site isn't very phone friendly, glad you found my posts helpful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back