Window Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Wondering if anyone could possibly advise on an issue I have with a PVC window - I apologise in advance for the descriptions here but I have no idea what these parts are called ☺️ When trying to shut the window the bottom hinge side doesn't seem to engage and when 'shut' has a marginal gap left between window and frame.

On inspection I can see that there is a metal protrusion on the bottom of the window (I've circled in red) which seems like it needs to engage with a blue plastic block (I've circled in blue) attached to the frame. The blue block is angled and would seem to pull in the window to the frame as you shut it.

Enlight81_zpswnofy8pv.jpg

As you may see from the pics the blue block is gouged/scored and the gouge is just deep enough that when shutting the window the metal does not engage and is kind of pushed outside of it forcing that gap when 'shut'.

When you wiggle the window as you shut it so that the metal does engage with the block the window closes fine.

Is the blue block a serviceable part, what is it and where would I get one?

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Clean the hinges and lube the blue block with a good bit of vasaline.
Open and close the window several times and it the hinge hasnt worn out to much your problem should be solved. If no you will need a new pair of hinges fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back