Window seal/ gasket/ handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to identify the old windows we have fitted but can't confirm for sure.

I believe they're an old Everest which were discontinued many years ago (they were installed probably 50 years ago by previous owner when house was built).

I ordered a sample seal/ gasket kit but nothing matched properly and the old seals are perished so need replacing.

We had 2 glass units replaced last year due to fogging and we asked the fitters (family Co) to replace all window handles as well. Dispite them saying they ordered all the handles when they turned up 2 months later (due to having to wait for parts) they hadn't even ordered them so went to the local suppliers to get some - nothing available (great service).

It was only when i looked at the windows later i noticed on the 2 windows they worked on they put back the perished seals instead of new ones?

Poor pic of the seal and handle attached

Attachments

• window seal.jpg
    window seal.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 38
  • window handle.jpg
    window handle.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
We're they meant to replace the seals along with the units? You say you had 2 failed units replaced and asked if they would replace the handles as well but don't mention replacing seals for new other than they put the old seals back on two of the windows, but there was only 2 units replaced but you make it sound like seals were replaced on other windows? All I know is replacing seals isn't part of replacement units, it's an extra

We're they meant to replace the seals along with the units? You say you had 2 failed units replaced and asked if they would replace the handles as well but don't mention replacing seals for new other than they put the old seals back on two of the windows, but there was only 2 units replaced but you make it sound like seals were replaced on other windows? All I know is replacing seals isn't part of replacement units, it's an extra

I expected them to at least suggest replacing the seals as they're so far gone and would happily pay but they never even mentioned them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back