Window Surveyor needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Gazman16's been kind enough to help me out with some windows queries - Thanks Gaz.

We are looking at replacing 6 windows and are having difficulties finding a surveyor which will allow us to order our own windows (We are after flush casements which not many installers carry)

Would there anyone on here that can give me a hand ? (London NW2)

Thanks guys.

M

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Heh we have, brick to brick -10mm. Gazman's a pro and he suggested that I get a surveyor incase there's any problems later down the line: measurements, BC regulations etc.

Sponsored Links
No idea tbh, I'm hoping for someone local that can help us out with a quick job (less than an hr)

If you can't measure you dont need a surveyor - just anyone that can use a tape measure - a seamstress even, and get your trousers turned up at the same time.

What problems there could be "down the line" after providing two dimensions, I dont know. And if you get someone to measure, and they cock it up, are they going to take responsibilty for frames you order from elsewhere? I don't think so.

Thanks for the responses guys.
HERTSDRAINAGE2010 - exactly, online order.

foxhole, can I ask who you used for the online order ? I tried a couple of places online and they won't measure.

Point taken, I might just bite the bullet and order with my own measurements. Thanks for the sanity check.

As its brickwork the measuring will be easy, Its more a case of as they will be getting signed off by building control they will of course be hot on the fire egress and ventilation, So its more for regulation compliance.
Obviously if he can find someone to survey and supply would be the best step.

He does have some competitive supply only prices for Liniar and Decunink flush sash windows but the fitted quote seemed pretty extreme, Something like 4k for fitting 7 windows average size and 1 of which will be a new opening.
I don't know the London market but seems a little pricey to me.

who is fitting them? if you can fit them surely you can measure them. I would possibly measure if i was supplying them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back