Wipers (electrical fault)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Need some help. My wipers have stopped working on speeds 1 & 2 but work on fast speed. Before they stopped working i could smell burning electrics.. Could it be the relays or the wiper motor, Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi, Need some help. My wipers have stopped working on speeds 1 & 2 but work on fast speed. Before they stopped working i could smell burning electrics.. Could it be the relays or the wiper motor, Thank you

If the wipers work on fast speed then it's unlikely to be the motor, the problem will be burnt out resistors, not sure where these are located, not enough info.

Wotan

Hi, i tried my wipers the next day and they are working, but the problem is that on manual, and intermittent control they move twice instead of just the once. The rain has obviously got into the electrics somewhere and dried out, but i need to know how and when so it doesnt happen again. Anyone enlighten me. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds to me like its the wiper linkage seizing up,very common problem on the shalaxys,take a looksie here and all will be revealed,
http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford/index.php?

once you have joined you will be able to view a lot of the site and this forum will help you fix all the problems that you will suffer from with owning a galaxy.
remember your car is about 90% vw.fords no bugger all about them all they do is spend your hard earned replacing things they think are broken.

hth.

Back