Wire a new room thermostat to wiring centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would realy welcome a bit of advice on wiring a room thermostat to the wiring centre in my heating system. We currently do not have a room stat so this is not a replacement. It should be easy as there are only two wires needed, but advice from an expert would be very reassuring.

The stat in question is a Drayton Digistat 3, which I am sure you know is a battery powered unit that needs just two wires to be used. The wiring centre connects to a honeywell programmer and a Baxi Solo 60 boiler.

Essentially I have two wires "common" and "on" on the thermostat that need to connect to either "1" , "E", "2" , "3" on the wiring centre.

I have uploaded some pictures here to make it easy to see.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'd hazard a guess that you need to remove the link from 1 and 3 and install one wire to 1 and the other to 3. You should also sleeve the blue conductors to the thermostat with brown sleeve. Also the outer sheaths of the cables need to be clamped into the cable grip on the wiring centre, not the conductors.
Can you upload the info from inside the lid on the wiring centre?

I'm with spark123, you are in effect just putting a switch across terminals 1 & 3.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Spark123, that makes sense.
I guess the link is completing the circuit and replacing it with the thermostat which is essentially a switch is what's needed.

I have uploaded a picture of the wiring centre inside as you asked.

Good point about the clamping of the wires, I'll try and correct that if there's enough slack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back