Wired a fluorescent.. wont work !

Dave
Your layout wired wrong, don't blow your house
:LOL:
diagramballast.jpg

-------------------------------------- :rolleyes: James -------------------------------

Sponsored Links
james611059 said:
Dave
Your layout wired wrong, don't blow your house
:LOL:
diagramballast.jpg

-------------------------------------- :rolleyes: James -------------------------------

Thanks for that mate... appreciate the diagram... however a few things are a little misguided for me.

See pic below, i am unsure of 3 things, the rest makes perfect sense. Thanks :)

flurav2mt.jpg

8 divided by 2 equals 4.

the diagram is for two lamps.

you are trying to wire one.

Can you not see how that diagram equates to what you are doing? Best to leave it alone, I think.

I suugest that as Dave9 (originator of post) now has a diagram of how to wire one light, we leave him alone, he just gets confused with anything else.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
I suugest that as Dave9 (originator of post) now has a diagram of how to wire one light, we leave him alone, he just gets confused with anything else.

10485 Posts & I bet 85% of that is pure spam, if you got nothing better to say then dont say it.

I have, you just dont understand anything, you have proved that already

pdcelec said:
8 divided by 2 equals 4.

the diagram is for two lamps.

you are trying to wire one.

Can you not see how that diagram equates to what you are doing? Best to leave it alone, I think.

yes i can understand now, but i wanted to make sure first.

Dave9 I have told you before read the forum rules starting with 10a

ok sorry, i forgot :(

Ps: i have all the info i need now to wire these up, my first wiring diagram was just a tester, im gonna order some parts - a 40W control gear and im gonna wire bulbs up to that.

Should be pretty easy as all the wiring s there, i just need to change it a bit & and add some starters, il post some pics if it works...

crafty1289 said:
Dave9 said:
Should be pretty easy as all the wiring s there
all over your floor with bare conductors everywhere still?

No, im using a control gear (no wiring needed!)

Like i said before that was just a tester... yes it does look un-professional, but all you electricians should know this... Just cause it doesnt look pretty doesnt mean it wont work. (lol, but in my case... it doesnt look pretty & it doesnt work.)

I'm going to order some brand new parts and wire them properly & make sure everything is right before i switch them on... you'll see, give me a few days and il post some pics.

Please I dont want to argue with you, can we just leave it at that please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back