wired for sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ever since my son bought his renault clio ( 02 ) his volume control for his radio/cd hasnt worked on the steering wheel column. do you think there is a lose wire or fuse blown ? gone before i start dimantling it all :LOL:
its not under warranty BTW cheers P M

Sponsored Links
is it a standard head unit? if not most of the aftermarket ones are not compatible with the steering wheel controls. if it is the standard one then maybe the plug on the back has come loose.

derv1980 said:
is it a standard head unit? if not most of the aftermarket ones are not compatible with the steering wheel controls. if it is the standard one then maybe the plug on the back has come loose.

It must be the original unit as its a cassette not a cd, any idea where the "plug " is :?: cheers P M

may i suggest next time you go shopping have a quick look in the same type of car and see what radio it has, some one may have changed it to a non standard one

Sponsored Links
Don't know if this is any help,as I know little about modern Renault cars. On our Vauxhall Zafira,the steering wheel controls for the radio etc. rely on the battery in the ign. key being in good order.They are not hard wired,but work like a remote control.If the key battery goes down,so does the remote.

Back