Wired to wireless cctv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok can someone confirm if I'm right or wrong on this one please?

I have been asked to set up two camera's on an outside shed and link them up to a DVR recorder in the house. The whole system to be wireless.

Now the catch is, the cameras can't be visible. So that pretty much voids the majority of wireless cameras on the market. So what I'm thinking is this.

Can I buy two covert wired cameras and connect them to a transmitter in the shed, send the signal to the receiver in the house and hook that up to the DVR there?

If so, do I need to buy a transmitter for both cameras and just one receiver for the home?

thx

d.

Sponsored Links
deko said:
If so, do I need to buy a transmitter for both cameras and just one receiver for the home?

If you want both pictures at the same time then you will need two transmitters and two receivers on different frequencies.

Or a multiplexer ( combines two pictures into one ) at the camera with one TX and either record the combined pictures from a single RX or use a de-multiplexer with one RX to separate the two pictures.

Bear in mind that a few of your neighbours will be able to see the pictures if they also have ( or go out and buy ) wireless CCTV equipment and select a channel you are using.

why cant you run a cable from each camera? cheaper and easier

why cant you run a cable from each camera? cheaper and easier
The house is surrounded by a concrete pathway 8ft wide that can't be dug up :(

I've seen DVR's with built in multiplex, so will this allow me to record both cameras at the same time? How does it know which channels I'm broadcasting on?

thx

d.

Sponsored Links
oh, now i understand

the DVR hasn't got a clue which channels you are transmitting on, the recievers you have (will have) , they know, you connect these to the DVR

Alrighty so let me summarise here, I need to get...

- 2 cameras
- 2 Transmitters
- 2 Receivers
- 1 DVR with at least 2 channels (only seen 4 channel ones so far)
- 1 monitor

I take it the back of the DVR will have enough sockets at the back to plug in the two receivers.

I set one transmitter and receiver to Ch 1 and the other to Ch 2.

How's that sound?

Any recommendation on a transmitter/receiver?

thx

d.

yep.

I have 2 dvrs, each 4 channels, and you can select which channels it records

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back