WIRELESS DIGISTAT ADVICE REQUIRED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I AM NEW ON THE SITE , AND AM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE.
I HAVE A WORCESTER BOSCH 24I JUNIOR COMBI , WITH WIRELESS DIGISTAT, WHICH UNTIL TODAY HAS WORKED FINE,
AFTER A BATTERY CHANGE THE SIGNAL BETWEEN THE BOILER AND STAT WAS NOT BEING PICKED UP ,
AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO RE LINK THE SIGNAL AND HELP FROM THE WB HELPLINE ,THEY TELL ME MY DIGISTAT NEEDS REPLACEMENT,
TO EXCHANGE LIKE FOR LIKE IT'S OVER £100 JUST FOR THE DIGISTAT WITHOUT THE RECIEVER(WHICH I DONT NEED )
SO ON LOOKING AROUND ON THE NET I FIND NUMEROUS TYPES OF WIRELESS DIGITAL THERMOSTATS , RF , RF1 , RF2 , RF3 ETC WITH DIFFERING PRICES.
MY QUESTIONS ARE WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE RF NUMBERS ?

WOULD THESE WORK FINE WITH MY EXISTING RECIEVER IN MY BOILER IF I DIDNT USE THE RECIEVER THAT COMES WITH THE NEW STAT ?

(THOUGHT IF THEY ARE WORKING ON A RADIO FREQUENCY SO LONG AS THERE IS A TRANSMITTER AND RECIEVER THEY SHOULD WORK )

ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFULL.

REGARDS DEJO75

Sponsored Links
Turn your caps lock off...or you wont be popular.

RF1 is temp only
RF2 is temp & time
RF3 dont know

Hi sorry for the caps lock, and thanks for the advice,
do you know the answer to my other questions about the unit being compatible without using the reciever that come with the digistat ?

do you know the answer to my other questions about the unit being compatible without using the reciever that come with the digistat ?
It depends on how old the units are. Current Digistats operate on a 433MHz band; earlier ones were on a different frequency (418MHz I think). So mixing a new transmitter with an old receiver will not work.

Sponsored Links
I changed an RF1 for an RF2 it worked I think there was some information on the instructions about compatability. Might be worth getting a serial number from your RF1 & asking manufacture, it may also be possible to find old stock if that is what you require.
I bought my RF2 on ebay & sold the RF1 on there as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back