Wireless Heating Controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may sound like a stupid question to those in the know (and likely is), but can I replace my standard heating programming controls, with a wireless system? Currently (for reasons known only to the installer and previous owner of the house) my heating controls are outside in a utility building, so rather than track it inside, can I replace the box out there with a wireless receiver and control the heating from a wireless set inside?

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear my other options.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Charnwood.

I guess what I'm after is just a timer then, my current one doesn't have temperature controls, just program when the heating should come on/off (I'll update with the model when I get home). The only temperature control I have is on the boiler (oil) itself, which I am hoping to update soon anyway.

So how do you update a system where you can control the heat in each room? Is it simply a case of fitting special valves that integrate with the wireless controls, or are there self regulating ones that operate autonomously?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Something like Pegler I Temp will give reasonably accurate control over individual rads. Cruder, simpler and hence cheaper is the standard TRV route.

You really need a room stat as well as TRVs, as the stat is the only thing capable of turning off the boiler when house up to temp. This is where the savings in fuel will be made as well as increasing comfort. The rad(s) in the room where the room stat is located shouldn't be fitted with TRVs.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...temp-i30-vertical-programmable-trv-p-672.html

Hi, I'm interested in this as well. Does that Pegler system have an interlock to stop the boiler firing when all radiators are "satisfied"?

Tony S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back