Wireless PTZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been to look at a job today on a farm.

They have an existing CCTV system which I installed a couple of years ago. The system is a PTZ camera mounted in one of the barns with a joystick controller and an online DVR in the house so they can watch the barn from the house / on their phones during lambing season.

The existing camera runs from a local mains supply with a cat5 back to the house for video / PTZ control.

The farmer is in the process of building another barn on a different part of the farm. We will be installing lights and power in the new barn, so local power will be availible, but it will be difficult to get a cat5 back to the house.

I've seen plenty of devices for sending video signals wirelessly, but I'm looking for something which can send the video to the house, and the PTZ signals the other way to the barn, over approx 40 meters.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
AMG Videowave 5800 will do the job but they won't be cheap. Stay away from the cheap stuff, it simply doesn't work and you'll forever have problems.

Personally, as a cost effective solution, I would be looking to swap the DVR to a hybrid analogue/IP unit, connect the existing analogue PTZ to that and then use an IP PTZ in the new barn, sending the network back to the recorder via a Ubiquiti Nanostation wireless bridge. As long as you have (relative) line of site, it'll work perfectly and won't cost a fortune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back