Wireless Receiver not flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thermostat is calling for heat and boiler is working for hot water but the red light on wireless receiver is no longer working. Have tried turning boiler on and off and overide buttons but still nothing. It’s a BG WR1 reciever, batteries in thermostat are fine and reciever was working a couple of days ago. Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
When you press the override button, does the green LED come on?

No, nothing comes on. Had similar issue a few months ago and re paired thermostat with reciever but lights worked then. Pressed override buttons this time and no lights at all

That was going to be my next suggestion, re-paring, but if you've already tried that.

You say you have pressed "buttons" plural, in which case, I think you will have put it into learning mode. So it will need to be re-paired now again.

Just pressing only the top override button is all that is required to manually operate the heating.

Sponsored Links
That was going to be my next suggestion, re-paring, but if you've already tried that.

You say you have pressed "buttons" plural, in which case, I think you will have put it into learning mode. So it will need to be re-paired now again.

Just pressing only the top override button is all that is required to manually operate the heating.

I tried each of the two overide buttons individually then pressed them simultaneously. Are you able to give me the steps to re-repair?

What I’m concerned about is that nothing flashes at all (including red)

The British Gas WR1 is a re-badged Drayton SCR, you can find the pairing instructions here.

If you can't get it working and want to have some heat, connecting the wires in terminals 1 and 3 together will put the heating 'on' permanently, but there won't be any thermostatic control.

The British Gas WR1 is a re-badged Drayton SCR, you can find the pairing instructions here.

If you can't get it working and want to have some heat, connecting the wires in terminals 1 and 3 together will put the heating 'on' permanently, but there won't be any thermostatic control.

Thanks for the link. Tried to pair but on pressing the buttons to follow the instructions as stated there are no lights at all so my assumption is that there is something wrong in the reciever with supply or capacitor or similar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back