WR1 receiver and smart thermostat not talking to each other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trying to get the heating on and the thermostat isn't working. Checking the WR1 receiver and there are no lights.

I tried searching online and managed to find something about re-pairing them. I followed these instructions:
  1. Make sure both battery compartments are out on the 'Wireless Display' and the screen has gone blank, takes about 2 mins to fade
  2. Check that the receiver red LED is on
  3. Push 'overide' button on the receiver once, the green LED should come on
  4. Push button 1 followed by 2 and hold them both depressed together Red LED will flash for 2 secs then go out (learn mode)
  5. Release both buttons Red and Green LED should now both be on
  6. Take the wireless display and hold it within sight of the receiver but more than one metre away
  7. Push in the right hand drawer, then the left (it must be done in this order) The red LED on the receiver will flash for 7 secs and then go out.
The green LED will remain on or off depending on the room temperature

However - when I do all of this and then turn the temperature up on the thermostat nothing happens. The green light stays on then but the boiler does nothing. I have over-ridden the boiler and it works fine, but nothing is talking to each other at the moment. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Turn the thermostat to min, leave for five seconds, then turn it to max and see if they now talk to each other (switching it off and back on basically )

Thanks for the response Ian. Sadly this didn't work.

I switched it to manual, then turned it down as far as it would go. Waited and turned it up to 32c. The WR1 flashed red, then green light came on but the boiler did not ignite.

Probably a faulty WR1 then, they are not the most reliable, as a temp fix you can put a link in and you will get CH you can turn it on and off at the boiler, until you get a new receiver , the light sequence means thay have paired but the relay inside the WR1 has failed

Sponsored Links
Cheers Ian. I'll stop messingwmessing it now then and get a new one. It has been in for 7 years. I'd that about the 'normal' break time? Or is it a roll of the dice?

Surprised you got that long out of it TBH, I would be looking for a new setup rather than anew WR1, some decent stuff around just now , but avoid Salus, plum centre doind a decent unit, and an easy swap for what you have , seem to be reliable enough, I have fitted many not had any complaints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back