Wireless roomstat query.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Danfoss TP500 programmable thermostat, and TRV's.
I have it programmed to turn off at about 11pm, however if I get up in the middle of the night, the boiler is burning and the rads are hot.

Boiler is a Baxi combi, and it is set as the installer left it, ie timer set to "Constant".
Should it be set to "Timed" operation?

Sponsored Links
Wheres the boiler located? Is it in a garage and fitted with a frost stat?

Does the Danfoss have a night set back temp that you have set too high or is it a definite on/off setting?

The boiler is in the loft, no idea if a frost stat is fitted and it is cool in the loft.

Can you explain about the et back temp?
Not a clue what you mean.

Some programmable stats ask you set the 'off' temp as well as your 'on' temp, eg when on you may want 22C, but you would have to set the 'off' temp to about 6C to make sure it was off all night.

I would suspect that there is a frost stat in the loft. I always wire one in to any boiler that does not have an internal one fitted when I put them in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Ahh, I understand now, yes the last "off" temp is 19c, so regardless of how the trv's are set the boiler will always fire if it gets below 19c, right?

The unit is TP 5000, not 500. It has 4 time/ temperature changes that can be increased to 6.

The idea of the programmable roomstat is to give you different levels of heat at different times.

Let us assume you wake up at 7.00am, leave the house for work at 9.00am, return home at 6.00pm, sit and watch tv at 7.30pm and retire to bed at 10.30pm. Also assuming the programmer is fitted in the lounge that has a design temperaure of 20 degrees C

I would set the programmer to a temperaure of 22 at 6.40 (so house is a bit warmer for you getting out of bed at 7.00). Change 2 would reduce the temperature to 20 as you will be running about getting ready for work. At 8.40 I would set the programmer for temperature of 12 degrees (frost protection). At 5.30 pm change 4 would be looking for a temperature of 18-19 degrees. Change 5 raises this to 21-22 degrees to give a comfy temperature while you are inactive supping your beer and watching the box. Change 6 would reduce the temperature to 12 at 11.00. You will be sound asleep when the temperature starts falling

Above is what my setting would be. Another person will no doubt have alternative preference. Some would not even have one as they feel TRV is the final answer

Ahh, I understand now, yes the last "off" temp is 19c, so regardless of how the trv's are set the boiler will always fire if it gets below 19c, right?

You've got it. As said, I always set mine to 6C to make sure heating is off all night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back