Wireless

O

oompah

How do i find out if my computer is able to be set up for wireless broadband? If i look in the the control panel there is a wireless network set up icon in there so do i assume that it can be set for wireless?It is a Dell Dimension 3100 pentium 4 processor 3ghz.

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily. As it's a desktop, you would expect to see some kind of antenna at the back of the system unit, connected to the wireless card. You could also look in device manager for a wireless device in the network section.

would you not have to have a wireless router if its a desk top and a wireless card or dongle?

a05gb.jpg

you will need (as above ) either a wireless card which fits into one of the pci slots inside the pc, or a usb stick.
If you havent already got a wireless router, you can buy them with a dongle (usb stick) included.
Belkin and Netgear seem to be the better ones. Stay away from Zyxel, the router is ok but the dongles are crap.
Probably looking at around £40 from pc world

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replys had a look in device manager and no wireless card mentioned so its off to pc world to have a look this afternoon.

dongle.

my D link router came with a wireless dongle. I would take a picture but i dont know where it is, becuse it only collects dust. Both pcs are wired in

Sponsored Links
Back