RAM

O

oompah

I have a dell dimension 3100 computer with 512 ram,pentium 4 ht processor,what are the advantages of up grading to say 2gb ram.

Sponsored Links
I have a dell dimension 3100 computer with 512 ram,pentium 4 ht processor,what are the advantages of up grading to say 2gb ram.

The bigger the RAM the faster your computer will work (within its own limits).

Go to the Crucial site and run the memory scanner:

Crucial memory scanner.

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

It will tell you exactly what type and size of memory your PC will take.

If you're on XP, then 1GB will usually be ample for most people. By most people I mean folks who do a bit of emailing, surfing, downloading, digicam and ipod connectivity etc

Vista will need a minimum of 2Gb, even if you just want to do some adding up using windows calc :eek:

If you are into heavy aplication, like advanced photoshopping, video or music editing etc, then as much as you can get, but be aware that XP can only see 3.3GB or thereabouts.

OK thank you for replys,i am running xp so will look at probaly 1gb,not doing a lot of heavy work on it .

Sponsored Links
If you are into heavy aplication, like advanced photoshopping, video or music editing etc, then as much as you can get, but be aware that XP can only see 3.3GB or thereabouts.

Think that is the same for 32Bit Vista. To go higher you need the 64bit version.

Back