wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought a netbook as an extra, got home took it out of the box and charged it up, turned it on and it found my wireless connection straight away and i was online......The thing is i have a security enabled wireless network (WPA)
and i have not been into the netbooks wireless settings to give it the password....it shouldn't have done this should it..now i thinking that anybody down the street is logging on to my connection when i thought i had a secure connection,is there something i can do to put this right.thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that you might not be connected to your network and probably a neighbours unsecured network. I take it the OS is XP?

If it is then double click on the network icon in your taskbar and select your network from the list of found networks. Its naughty usinf someone elses internet :LOL:

it's definitely my network because it as my username when i hover the pointer over the wireless icon on the bottom task bar,

Well if it connected and didn't prompt for a password you dont have one. You'll need to set one up, and I'd go for WP2-AES security.

Sponsored Links
WPA-AES is fine. You can try WPA2-AES if your router or wap has the option but some wireless devices don’t support WPA2.

Back