Wiring a FCU from Hob Supply

Thank you for the people who actually did want to help and in answer to the last question, no, it's probably not worth paying for LABC to come out and nod his head when all I am doing is replacing an oven but that's the rules we have to play by I guess.
I'm glad you got some helpful advice, as well as the rest.

Just one point. What you've just written seems to imply that you perhaps intend to 'play by the rules' (regardless of what you/I may think about those rules) and notify LABC about this work. If that's the case, do you realise how much they're likely to charge you?

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Daveyboy,

you are clearly mislead in that you think you can simply carry out remedial works/alterations to the existing wiring systems within your appliances of your home. it clearly has a safeguarding body in place to stop mugs such as yourself from causing harm to yourself and others around. Hence i would propose taking the items you have purchased today and allowing a fully qualified tradesman carry out the works with these items.

:confused:

But you are wrong, I CAN do whatever I like to my home as long as I get it checked and approved by the BCO, can you not read? Show me the law which says I cant carry out my own work? So I beg to differ I am not mislead at all just bemused by the attention this is getting from the likes of you who, apparently, is so incensed by what I have said you had to join the forum to have your say, either that or you are just a ****wit. I am not a betting man but if I was Id say you are the latter, now get back to work fool.

Daveyboy,

you are clearly mislead in that you think you can simply carry out remedial works/alterations to the existing wiring systems within your appliances of your home. it clearly has a safeguarding body in place to stop mugs such as yourself from causing harm to yourself and others around. Hence i would propose taking the items you have purchased today and allowing a fully qualified tradesman carry out the works with these items.

:confused:

But you are wrong, I CAN do whatever I like to my home as long as I get it checked and approved by the BCO, can you not read? Show me the law which says I cant carry out my own work? So I beg to differ I am not mislead at all just bemused by the attention this is getting from the likes of you who, apparently, is so incensed by what I have said you had to join the forum to have your say, either that or you are just a ****. I am not a betting man but if I was Id say you are the latter, now get back to work fool.

[/b]

I feel that you are a bit tense aroung this subject and that you have issues with the law before when carrying out alterations to your home. May i suggest that you carry out your actions to the letter of the law and that you act morally with this issue

Sponsored Links
But you are wrong, I CAN do whatever I like to my home as long as I get it checked and approved by the BCO, can you not read?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply as you'll almost certainly be rude, but here goes.

The point that you are missing and which JohnW2 tried to explain but you ignored is this:-

Your local authority can, and will charge you a hell of a lot more for inspecting your work than I think you are expecting. You should investigate what the costs will be before proceeding down this route. It will definitely be cheaper to get an electrician in to do the work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back