Wiring a Honeywell 6360B thermostat

That is where the fun starts! What type of system do you have? Combi, fully pumped or gravity? Motorised valve(s)....

Sponsored Links
That is where the fun starts! What type of system do you have? Combi, fully pumped or gravity? Motorised valve(s)....
Don't complicate things :rolleyes:

1. The boiler works, so we know red and yellow are connected correctly, which just leaves the blue.

2. The other end of all three wires will be at the same place - probably a junction box (aka wiring centre). It should be an easy job to take the lid off the box, identify the wires and verify that the blue wire is a neutral. (Hint: it will connect to number of blue wires, particularly one from a pump, motorized valve or the mains.)

I was asking for more details to try and guide the OP to where the other end may be. I would think it pointless looking for a wiring centre if it is a combi??

O.K. If the blue wire is 'Neutral', is it likely to do any real damage if i try it in terminal 2 and that isn't the correct location? To be honest i can't see where else the blue wire could go other than the 'Earth' terminal or terminal 2.

Sponsored Links
O.K. If the blue wire is 'Neutral', is it likely to do any real damage if i try it in terminal 2 and that isn't the correct location? To be honest i can't see where else the blue wire could go other than the 'Earth' terminal or terminal 2.
If the blue is Neutral, it should connect to terminal 2 - that's what terminal 2 is for.

I agree, the blue wire must be either neutral or earth. You have tried one and it does not work. Now try the other.

PS Presumably you are replacing an older thermostat. What make and model was it? How was it wired up (assuming you made a note ;) )?

I saw on yesterday where live send (red) went to 3 and live return (yellow) came out of 1. It worked but was not correct. A wire was connected at the stat end 2 and was not connected anywhere in the boiler.
The stat worked,but poorly.

I saw on yesterday where live send (red) went to 3 and live return (yellow) came out of 1. It worked but was not correct. A wire was connected at the stat end 2 and was not connected anywhere in the boiler.
The stat worked,but poorly.
That's because the anticipator was not working. It is only supposed to be connected while the boiler is running. If Live and Switched Live are reversed, the anticipator is permanently in circuit.

D_Hailsham";p="1428508 said:
I agree, the blue wire must be either neutral or earth. You have tried one and it does not work. Now try the other.

I have now wired the thermostat as follows:

EARTH = No wire
1 = RED
2 = BLUE
3 = YELLOW

The heat anticipator led is now working but it is displaying a constant red light. Is this correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back