wiring a new shower in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i would like to clarify the wring on my new shower before i switch on, i will get an electrician in to check everything.

i have an triton aquatronic 2 7.5kw shower fitted. i've ran 6mm to a 45amp switch outside the bathroom door and ran 6mm back to the consumer unit. all wiring is run in uninsulated wall cavities and above the insulation, on top of the joists in the loft. the water feed is taken off the cold water tank feed, which is fed directly from the mains. at the consumer unit i have a 40 amp mcb. my current consumer unit is rated at 100 amps i can either fit the mcb in the unit as i have spare places or i could fit a 2 way seperate enclosure.

which is better? or is it something else altogether
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Dies your consumer unit have an RCD (ie a split load config). if so the 40A CB can go into the existing consumer unit subject to a survey of existing loads.
If no RCD then you need a stand alone shower CU that has a breaker and an RCD or an RCBO.

Did you find an electrician that is prepared to certify and notify work that he has not done himself?

Well done, not many are prepared or are allowed to do this....

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it does beg the question, why not ask the electrician if everything is OK????

wow this is a handy and informative website....

all i want is to understand what is required not blindly do or get someone to do any unsafe work in my home.

pipework is already earth bonded and the cu is a split load with a 63A rcb. a 40A mcb is ready to go in.

is this the best this website has to offer anyone looking for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back