wiring a room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

can anyone help, I need to reconnect a room stat to my worcester 280 combi.

A local plumber disconnected it as the circuit board was faulty and he spragged it to so demand for the heating.

Its only three wires and I will ISOLATE the power before I attempt to do it,I would just like to make sure the correct wiring to the X5 block.

Can anyone help as Worcester are their usual helpful selves?.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A local plumber disconnected it as the circuit board was faulty and he spragged it to so demand for the heating.
Presumably the circuit board has been replaced.

Terminal X 5 is numbered 1 to 5, starting at the right hand end.

Terminal 3 is Live
Terminal 4 is Switched Live (Call)
Terminal 5 is Neutral.

If there is a link between 3 and 4, it must be removed.

Thanks very much , yes the circuit board has beeen replaced by worcester and they refused to wire the room stat up, because a link had been installed by someone else.(how lame is that). I bought their bolier and have spent around £300 per year with them on parts and servicing and they wont remove one wire and connect another 3 or tell me how to connect up correctly.

I realise I am not Gas safe or a qualified spark but it is effectivley like wiring a plug you just need to put the three wires in the right holes.
There is a link and I will remove this first.

I will go and do it now if you hear a bang don`t wait for anymore posts off me.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back