Wiring A Small Range Cooker - What Cable Etc. Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to put in the wiring before the ceiling is plastered and then the electrician will & complete later onece the kitchen is put in.
Having read some other helpful threads am I thinking ok? :D .

Belling DB90 twin oven with four electric rings & hotplate is currently wired to a 32A MCB with an 80A breaker.

I intend to use the existing MCB & breaker and use new 6mm twin & earth 7strands 32amp rated.
+45A cooker switch

Is there anything else I should think of....

I want this to be right and many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
How far is the cable being ran from the dis board, how and what does it run through to get to the kitchen?

Belling - think of everything :LOL: :LOL:

except the MI's for the products apparently!
without the relevant info from the manufacturer we can't advise you.

overall rating of appliancein watts would help

Thanks for your replies kevindgas & chivers67 .

The cooker is rated as 'total heat input' of 10.98 - 11.96 kw.... thats without 'diversity', which is still to be applied.

From the consummer unit to the Cooker, the cable run will be a maximum of 6m and will run through the GF ceiling/first floor void.

Sponsored Links
Because of power used with new induction hobs I would now wire in 10mm so at a latter date if required it will take power of induction hobs which because of the boost function do not have diversity.

Also the Electrician will need to see the cable installation before he can sign off the work so get him to visit before ceiling is plastered.

since no one else has shouted it at you, and since you havent mentioned it..

PART-P.....

this is notifiable work and you must either use a registered electrician to do the work, or contact your LABC and pay the fees before you start work.

that said..

wired to a 32A MCB with an 80A breaker.

this bit worries me.. and MCB is a breaker.. or are you refering to a 80A / 30mA RCD?

your electrician will want to see the cable runs before you cover them since he's the one that's going to be signing off on it..

so ask him what size and where to run the cables..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back