Wiring advice for Fermax pushbutton door-entry system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm working for a charity which has a door-entry system, a Fermax 4+N and video system. I've learned that the company which manufactured the module we need replaced is out of business and spares are not available, so I either have to repair or workaround the fault on the existing module, or replace the whole unit at the front door, instead of just the faulty module.

The problem is that none of the push-buttons activates the call on any of the handsets. It seems that the common wire connecting all the push-buttons is faulty (see attached photo). This goes to the Cp1 terminal at the top (amplifier) module. I believe that there should be a jumper at the top left three pins, as shown on the Bruto Citymax diagram on the bottom left of the pdf file attached. Replacing a jumper hasn't made it work.

Does anyone know what the signal at the Cp1 terminal is? Is it connected to ground (the ac/dc terminal fourth from the right in the photo)? Or is it a positive voltage (or signal) output?

Would connecting the cable to the Cp2 terminal work instead?

Any suggestions or insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 94162b Placas Antivandalicas Bruto V11_05.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 178
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back