Wiring Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_4481.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No, because you haven't told us what is is, what the problem is, or what you are trying to do.

Who put those wires in?
It’s a job that someone has had a friend do. They have changed the immersion element. And rewired the heating control stat.

I’ve got to replace the heating control stat, but can’t find anything in relation whether he’s rewired it correctly.

BTW, the crimps look really dodgy.

It looks like someone has cut the ends of the spade terminals and used insulated crimps.

I am not sure.. but suspect that they were originally non insulated crimps. Those use clamps to hold the insulated part of the cable, in addition to crimping the copper.

I am not an electrician but my advice would be to use the correct spade terminals and to strip the existing cables accordingly.

It's rather unusual to see blue and red wires connected together. I can't see a green and yellow one.

If you can afford a multimeter, you could work out what each of the wires does. The colours may not mean what they suggest. But maybe they do.

I can't see the power supply cable in your pic. It would give some clues.

I have previously purchased them from the following site. I had to repair my mum's washing machine and wanted to use like for like connectors.

I purchased a German branded crimping tool from elsewhere.

Using the diagram below, and your pic above, the rewire has been done incorrectly.
On the stat, left hand side, there needs to be a link from the second terminal to the one below - third terminal. All the other cables are to remain in their present positions.

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/bimetal-59t-66t-section-en-us-5469062%20Manual%20(1).pdf

Using the diagram below, and your pic above, the rewire has been done incorrectly.
On the stat, left hand side, there needs to be a link from the second terminal to the one below - third terminal. All the other cables are to remain in their present positions.

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/bimetal-59t-66t-section-en-us-5469062%20Manual%20(1).pdf

You may well be correct, but you have linked to the PDF stored on your PC rather than the correct hyperlink

https://www.4most.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product/download&pdf=1&document_id=593

Correction, I can now see that there is a brass/copper link connecting the terminals together. The wiring is correct,

Sponsored Links
Back