Advice on cooker wiring please.

Ban, you may well be right that the cable may not be suitable.

However I've seen such terminals on high wattage cooking appliances, where 6 mm² twin and earth is likely to be used
The problem is in the UK most electicians are in the habbit of using T&E for final connections to cookers and large flex (which is usually what the manufacturers reccomend) is difficult to find but the manufacturers of the cooker are not british and so know little of our practices.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

The best option IF the ring will fit under the screw AND the correct crimp tool is available. I have seen a few crimp terminals that were crimped on with pliers, Some were OK but a few over heated and at least one burnt the terminal assembly.

The op should use a decent crimping tool, I'm sure someone can recommend some types.

Often see a kit with the tool and a selection of crimps - a bit over-kill for the op perhaps, but very convenient if he's inclined to use them again.

The op should use a decent crimping tool, I'm sure someone can recommend some types.
The type should be one like this:

DVDHCR15.JPG

not like this:

FS-047-crimping-tool.jpg

Often see a kit with the tool and a selection of crimps - a bit over-kill for the op perhaps, but very convenient if he's inclined to use them again.
Indeed, but if he does only ever need it for this job then buying a couple of metres of the right sort of flex would be cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back