wiring an electric card meter

Do you have instructions for the meter?
Where did you get it?

Sponsored Links
The reason I want to connect the meter is that I have property which I let and it is connected to the same supply as a building which I use,I want to meter what I use so that I can repay the tenant.
A normal credit meter like this will do for that - card ones are only used where a landlord sells cards to the tenants, who then can only use the electricity they have already paid for.

As for the meter you have got - has it been programmed correctly, do you have a supply of cards suitable for the meter (they are NOT all the same), does the meter even work?

Also bizarre that it has no instructions - those obtained from meter suppliers will include instructions as well as cards, and are generally supplied preprogrammed and ready to use.
If it has been obtained used from some other source, it is probably useless without being reprogrammed.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back