Wiring Daigram

Sponsored Links
well put it this way, 2.5mm clipped direct can carry 27a

Yes that makes sense unlikely it will be ever used at full power anyway. But I am correct in think you can NOT apply diversity to this??

Now need a electrician to sort the wiring diagram!

Sponsored Links
So that would be that 20 amp MCB RCD protected 4mm cable (don't think I should go any less) . Reference of Plastic conduit clipped to ceiling what else??
But which installation method is that? 13? 20? 46? 71? 103?

What are you going to do about isolation, and actual connection to the equipment? What zone(s) will those items be in?

And as this appears to be a new circuit, can you tell us what tests you will carry out on it- what sequence you'd do them in and at what point you will energise it, and for each test can you tell us what is being measured, why it is important, how you will carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK?

When your friend applied for Building Regulations, what did he say would be the way he would ensure that the work would comply with Part P?

No.

You need to wake up to your inadequacies here.

You need to stop being anything but a friend to this person you call one.

You need to get an electrician to sort all of it.

So that would be that 20 amp MCB RCD protected 4mm cable (don't think I should go any less) . Reference of Plastic conduit clipped to ceiling what else??
But which installation method is that? 13? 20? 46? 71? 103?

What are you going to do about isolation, and actual connection to the equipment? What zone(s) will those items be in?

And as this appears to be a new circuit, can you tell us what tests you will carry out on it- what sequence you'd do them in and at what point you will energise it, and for each test can you tell us what is being measured, why it is important, how you will carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK?

When your friend applied for Building Regulations, what did he say would be the way he would ensure that the work would comply with Part P?

No.

You need to wake up to your inadequacies here.

You need to stop being anything but a friend to this person you call one.

You need to get an electrician to sort all of it.

Thanks for your advice duly noted

pretty straightforward I thought! the loop from C-B provides a supply to B
I think it might be more complex.

The type 2/4 suggests it might be switchable between 2 Kw ( 1 element ) and 4 Kw ( both elements )

I wonder if the control panel has to be wired on site ? ( assuming the control panel has been supplied with the item ).

pretty straightforward I thought! the loop from C-B provides a supply to B
I think it might be more complex.

The type 2/4 suggests it might be switchable between 2 Kw ( 1 element ) and 4 Kw ( both elements )

I wonder if the control panel has to be wired on site ? ( assuming the control panel has been supplied with the item ).
Yes I believe there to be a switch between b and c or have b and c connected so as to run the two elements at the same time.

Thanks for your your advice and direction but I need to source and electrician and get this properly sorted thanks again

This might help, at least to suggest how the makers of one brand think

http://www.ukkosaunas.com.au/nr45.html

There are a number of others (no idea what you have - but 4.5kW seems a standard) and, as bernardgreen said, it can be more complicated as some have timers and steady state wiring. Doesn't alter need for main feed requirements, but your outlet to heatproof cable needs to be rated at 20A or more.

Where did your friend buy the sauna, was it from a reputable supplier, if it was then the supplier should be able to provide a full wiring diagram.

Get the electrician to measure the resistance of the elements to ensure they are rated for 230 volts.

A 2 Kw element for 230 volt operation will be about 25 ohms

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back