Wiring for 2 Wall Lights & Ceiling Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I`m fitting 2 new wall lights in my lounge and want to switch them and the ceiling light from the same wall switchpoint using a 2 way switch. (excuse if i`ve got this wrong but i`m not sure of the difference between 2 way and 2 gang)
Can anyone advise the wiring scheme using the lighting ring circuit?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
-2 way is when you can turn on/off from 2 different parts of a certain area (for example; a room).
-2 gang is when you have 2 switches on the same plate.
-In most cases the lighting circuit will be radial not ring.
-If this is a new circuit I would advice you to inform the council before you start the work or equally you can contact a registered electrician (because you will need certificates).
-If this is an extension to an existing circuit, when the work is finished the circuit has to be tested and a Minor works certificate has to be written.
-In this part of the forum at the top you can find many schemes.
- Based on your questions, I do not think that you have the knowledge and/or experience to do the job, the regulations are very strict and in the event that something goes wrong and you are lucky you might find yourself in court, if you are not lucky some one might hurt.

good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back