Wiring for a seperate hob and oven.

Sponsored Links
This is probably old ground so please don't shout, I have a new electric fan assisted oven which draws 4.2 amps in oven mode. I have a 4 ring halogen hob which draws 32 amps on full power. I am yet to fit the overhead extractor. (Light and Fan 3-5amps?)
Supply comes in on it's own 32amp circuit to my new 32amp RCB on mains, outlet on load to extractor fan with a normal single 3 pin plug socket, which i intend to put an appropiate rated fuse in the plug.
Hob is fed from the 32a RCB via a 13a FCU, as is the oven.
Now for safety i can lower the amp rating on the oven to a 5 amp,
I am anxious though that Hob is drawing all of the allotted 32 amps, why also has the 13amp FCU not blown with the hob in full power mode?

This forum is great guys! Not only do you get the answers you also get to enjoy the banter!!!

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Fabio, can you start your own topic and not hijack and existing one. Otherwise the responses will be mixed up. Hit new topic and start again, Then I'm sure you'll get some help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back