wiring in new plugs for IT, TV, audio equipment

Sponsored Links
A length of 4 by 1 timber ( 100 x 25 mm ) with good quality double 13 amp sockets on surface mounting back boxes mounted next to each other along the timber. Wire them together through the knock outs at the side. Connect one of the end sockets to a 13 plug using flex with suitable strain relief to prevent it being pulled out of the back box and to prevent it moving against the edges of the knock out in the box.

More expensive but easier: Metal clad boxes with plastic conduit between them. Use a stuffing gland as strain relief.

Sponsored Links
Hi all. Thanks for the comments on this.

I have decided to employ an electrician who is coming around to fit a new fuse box & install a new ring for the sockets. I'm going for 8 double sockets which will be mounted along side each other.

Thanks again for all the advice!!

I have decided to employ an electrician who is coming around to fit a new fuse box & install a new ring for the sockets. I'm going for 8 double sockets which will be mounted along side each other.
I know that a couple of people suggested skirting trunking, but if you don't want the outlets down at floor level (often a PITA), have a google for, or talk to your electrician about, dado or perimeter trunking. As well as sockets you can install 8P8C, RJ11 and BS 6312 outlets, which can make things neat.

I know that a couple of people suggested skirting trunking, but if you don't want the outlets down at floor level (often a PITA), have a google for, or talk to your electrician about, dado or perimeter trunking. As well as sockets you can install 8P8C, RJ11 and BS 6312 outlets, which can make things neat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back