Wiring light batten to 3-pin UK plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone advise the correct way, if possible, to wire this LED batten light to a mains plug? It's to go in my loft and I already have a plug socket in there that it could plug into. I would be looking to have an in line switch as well. Would it just be 2 core cable wired through the switch to a standard 3-pin plug or is there anything else needed?

IMG20221106161617.jpg
16677514812066950679652043103485.jpg

Sponsored Links
Blue to N, brown to L terminal. I would avoid putting a switch in line, just switch of at the socket.

Sponsored Links
So could forgeting to unplug the thing then shutting the loft hatch.

Exactly, which is why my loft light switches, are mounted by the ceiling/ below the loft hatch. I can drop the ladder down, then on my way switch the lights on/ off on the way down. If I suspect I might have left them on, I need only check the switch.

If the socket is in a convenient position to use as the switch I'd stick with that. If it's in a awkward position I'd add a switch.

Either method is fine if done in a 'professional' manner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back