Wiring of Room Thermostat & Timer

DRL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a digital heating programmer that is linked to a room thermostat, then to an electric boiler. The power comes into the programmer, then that feeds the thermostat, which then feeds to the boiler. The pum on the boiler is not switching over, so I was wanting to know how the programmer and thermostat should be wired including the three cores from the thermostat to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
so you want to fix something that is not broke? i.e the wiring.

i think you will find its the pump.

open the big screw and poke in a small screwdirver, you should feel opump turning, if not get a multi meter and check for voltage at pump.

if there is voltage i would get a new pump. but if you do, draw an arrow on the floor / wall near pump as to which way it pumps. there will be an arrow on the pump

Thanks breezer for that advice, but I really need to know the correct wiring on the thermostat and programmer.

Sponsored Links
Are you wondering why you haven't had many replies? Is it that we don't care?

Or could it be that you haven't told us what type of electric boiler, what type of thermostat and what type of programmer you have? I've asked Mystic Meg but she was called away unexpectedly.

Perhaps you would like us to bake you a cake?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back