Wiring out side of zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm going to extend a ring around a conservatory it will be comming through from the upper floor into the peak of the conservatory roof above a door. It will then have to come down at an angle untill vertical above the sockets. I have steel conduit which i was intending to use. I've just thought it may not be nececery if i keep within 150mm of the roof.
I know that i can run cables within 150mm of celling and corners. But it never really crossed my mind that i can proberbly run it at an angle provided i keep it close to the roof.

What do you normally do in this situation steel conduit or just caping to protect from plastering keeping with in 150mm of roof

Sponsored Links
If plastering I tend to use capping over cable runs, if it's drylining clipped direct no capping. Stay within the 150mm of the angle formed by the roof/ceiling & the wall then drop vertically (permitted route) to the first outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back