Wiring outside lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please need some help! Want to wire four outside bulkhead lights down the side of my house, controlled by two PIRs at either end of the building so that whichever end you approach from all four lights will come on. I.E each PIR should be able to turn on all lights. Power will come direct from CU.

Sponsored Links
Three core and earth.

connect it into all lights and both pirs

each light will have a neutral and switch live, each pir will have live neutral and switch live

earth not counted

but since you cant run a 3 core and earth outside you will need to give it mechanical protection (and sunlightprotection) black pvc conduit will work

Do you mean take three core from power supply to PIR then on to each light in turn and on to other PIR then back to power supply forming a complete loop???

Sponsored Links
By mechanical protection do you mean RCBO in CU or am I on the wrong track.

may i suggest you read my post again (i anticipated this question)

Yes sorry misread, understand now what you're saying about cable protection. Thanks a lot for the help much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back