Wiring oven, hob and extractor hood

conflicting ideas on what I thought would be a standard installation! WHY so many different ideas? Are the laws of PHYSICS different for different people (lol :LOL: )

PLEASE can someone out there give me some sound advise.

The MISSUS is doing her NUT :mad:

DESPERATE TIMES - HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Paul

Sponsored Links
although FWL_Engineer's drawing looks "complicated" its the best way

you can spur off a cooker point, (not recomended) PROVIDING you use the same size cable as that of the incoming cable, but you try putting two 6mm cables into the same terminal, which is why its best to say you can not spur off a cooker point.

anything smaller is liable to catch fire if there is a short.

The 6mm problem is something I considered when doing the sketch, that was why I took into account the load of the Oven and downsized the cable to 4mm.

Which switches are you lot using?

I never have any trouble fitting 2 x 6mm2 into a 45A accessory terminal.

Sponsored Links
ended up spuring off the cooker point using 6mm and used 13amp fused boxes before downsizing my cabe to the necessary i.e. 2.5mm for w/m and 1.5mm for the oven ( as stated on the manufacturers instructions) works fine, no overloading, no melting of cables. I'm happy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back