Wiring pullswitches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought two identical 2w pullswitches, I only needed to wire them 1way. They were for the bedroom and bathroom.

In both rooms I connected switched live to L1. In the bathroom this was fine. In the bedroom however the switch had to be pulled 3 times for the light to come on like so:

pull 1: off
pull2: off
pull3: on
pull 4: off

etc, etc. I then wired switched live to L2 and it worked as expected. So how come one switch needed to be wired to L1, the other to L2?.... both rooms have the same 1 switch, 1 light set up.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like one of the switches is faulty.

They should both work on the first click, regardless of wether they are wired to L1 or L2

Sponsored Links
Assuming that your connection to L1 was good, I agree with RF Lighting. The L2 side of the switch is OK but the L1 side has an intermittent fault. I would take it back if you can - and ditch it anyway if you can't.

You don't need L1 right now but you, or somebody else, might want to re-use that switch in the future. Intermittent faults are terrible things to track down. :mad: :mad: :mad: Eliminate the culprit while you know where it is. :cool: :cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back