Wiring to replacement hob and oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've seen a few posts on this topic but specifically I would like to ask if I need to wire exactly as previous hob/oven ie power fron dedicated cooker outlet to hob then wiring from hob to oven. Would it be ok to wire both hob and oven directly to cooker outlet? Thanks for any advice. :)

Sponsored Links
It's okay the install both hob and cooker on the same isolator, providing it is suitable for purpose. the size of the cable will depend on the output of your appliances and the rating of the protective device (ie MCB/fuse)
So it is only okay to install a your new appliances if the what is there aready is safe to carry the current needed operate your appliances.

Sando - just to emphasis what PBoD said:

So it is only okay to install a your new appliances if the what is there aready is safe to carry the current needed operate your appliances.

And also note that the cables you use from the outlet plate to the appliances must be capable of carrying the rated current of the MCB, not just the appliance, e.g. if the oven needs 13A but the MCB is 32A then it's 32A you need to size for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back