Wiring up my shed - power there but nothing works - why?

Hi again. The electrician came on Monday, in the middle of a blizzard!

I'd removed everything except the two sockets and the light fitting. He looked at the house end, was bemused by the consumer unit and supply set up, but accepted that it had been in since before I moved in (it has - one day I'd like a nice new CU but need money for that).

He reckoned the spare way where the cooker used to be supplied from was OK to use but would need a new MCB (think he said 16A).

He asked me to wxplain where the buried cable went, so I showed him. He said it would be OK though not ideal (not marked).

At shed end, he was OK about what I'd left, and questioned me about what loads I'd be putting on it. He seemed satisfied and a couple of days later gave me a written quote for £95 all in.

Sponsored Links
Does "all in " include him issuing an EIC to say that he did it and that it all complies with BS 7671, and him notifying the council to say that he did it and that it all complies with the Building Regulations?

No, I'm not actually from "Steers". I'm in Sheffield!

The quote isn't itemised so I'm not sure if it includes certification. I'm assuming so.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back