wm70/4pf PCB part number and other help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a Solo Boiler (wm70/4pf) which is playing up. The pilot light isn't igniting although a spark is coming through. I believe the gas is flowing as well. So I suspect that there is a problem with the PCB.

My questions are:
1) Does my theory sound correct?
2) If so, does anyone know the part number for the PCB?
3) If I decide to have a new boiler installed, what is a reasoble price I should be expecting to pay (including installation costs)

I'm obviously not looking for a quote, I just would like to know if someone is trying to rip me off.

Thanks in advance.

EP.

Sponsored Links
1) not really, probably blocked pilot injector, duff pilot solenoid or i guess pcb, but unlikely. Get a competent RGI in as messing with the pilot is gas work.
2)nope.
3) thats a similar question to this one, I'm thinking of replacing my car, how much will it cost?

who's trying to rip you off? or is that what you expect to happen??

Hi Mickyg
Thanks for the prompt response.

On point 3, it's not what I'm expecting to happen but I like to be prepared. Also it would just help me to make a decision on whether I should be looking at replacing the boiler as it is probably over 10 years old now or should I try and get it repaired.

Regards, EP.

well its a pretty basic, reliable and easy to repair boiler. I can figure your only reason to replace it would be efficiency. Personally I would get it fixed, especially if its the most likely cause of your fault..a blocked pilot. A call out fee, 30mins work and away you go.

Sponsored Links
Replace a 10 year old boiler?

You must be mad :eek:

When was it last serviced? Most engineers will remove the Pilot Injector and clean with a pin vice. As all the decent engineers have said, your looking at half hours labour (including a new gas valve as the pilot soleniod cannot be renewed) and your heat will be restored.

We dont service these appliances for fun. They need it

15 years at least is the age of your boiler!

Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for your input.

I've had an engineer out and he has cleaned the pilot injector. To be fair it was working for quite a while(about 3 months) but now it doesn't want to play at all. The engineer seemed to think that it can be several things incl. the pcb, pilot inject and he mentioned something else but I can't recall. Perhaps I should look at getting another engineer in?

Regards, EP

So when he cleaned the pilot injector did it light at all,

If its sparking then this means air pressure switch etc is all ok

If there is still no gas getting to injector simple test is check for 240v at pilot solenoid (soggy both pilot and main solenoid can be changed on these).

If there is 240v at pilot solenoid and no gas is coming out of pilot supply then 2 minute job to change pilot solenoid.

If no 240 it would be the board (providing ignition is sparking)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back