United Kingdom
I am installing and INSET wood burner,
i have installed a flexible Stainless Steel flue liner
but i can not figure out how to connect this to the stove

the flue connection does not seem to be covered by the instructions

basically there is a 150 mm hole in the top of the stove
there are 2 bits of 150mm pipe.
one has got 3 holes around it and i assume is for solid pipe
the other one has a slight ride running around it and then 2 bits of sprung metal stick out of one end, almost like clips to hold something in place

both of these fit into the top of the stove with ease. but there does not seem to be anyway of securing them,
being and inset stove you have to get the at flue connection from inside the stove

can any one advise ?

Sponsored Links
Usual case is:

Black pipe (vitreous enamel) goes into top of stove. Usually the stove has a "black ring" that screws into top of stove for black pipe to sit in. If no bolts then you use fire cement. You usually use fire cement to seal the VT tunbe into the ring on the top of the stove.
On top of this VT tube is an adaptor (you have to buy it) that connects it to the flexi
Flexi slips into this adaptor and is held by small self tappers.

the problem is that i can not use VE tube as it's an inset fire. i.e. the stove is the same size as the hole in the wall, so i have to access the flue connection from inside the stove.

the problem is that i can not use VE tube as it's an inset fire. i.e. the stove is the same size as the hole in the wall, so i have to access the flue connection from inside the stove.
HI, just wonder this is quite old post did you solve the problem as I experience something similar ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back