Wonderful NASA video

Sponsored Links
It shows two things.

1) How thin is our atmosphere.

2) How much human activity there is on the planet.

It adds up to climate change.

not sure about the music... but incredible visuals...

What is amazing is that we've built a can that can contain and protect humans against the most vicious and violent conditions... and then bring them back again !!

not sure about the music... but incredible visuals...

What is amazing is that we've built a can that can contain and protect humans against the most vicious and violent conditions... and then bring them back again !!

truly phenomenal :!: or words to that effect :confused:

However, as for the can :!: the atmospheric pressure at sea level for the uninitiated, is 1bar, as you go up it decreases, albeit very slowly, if memory serves me you got to get to about 15,000 ft to drop to 0.5bar, however if you go diving, at a mere 10 meters you double the pressure to 2bar and an extra 1bar every succesive 10 meters, 10 meters is not deep, a mere 30 ft but at that depth pure oxygen is poisonous.

So where are the most violent conditions :?:

Sponsored Links
So where are the most violent conditions

Space, without a doubt.
Underwater craft have to cope with extreme pressure plus lack of air and heat.
Space craft have to cope with near vacuum, near absolute zero temperature and extreme radiation from the sun. Not to mention the odd micro meteorite zooming past at 30 odd thousand miles an hour.
Then you've got the extreme g forces of lift off and the incredible temperatures generated on re entry to withstand.

Whenever I look at the sky on a clear night, and see all the stars, I wonder how many of them have planetary systems, how many of them harbour life...and I think "we need to build more nukes"

Whenever I look at the sky on a clear night, and see all the stars, I wonder how many of them have planetary systems, how many of them harbour life...and I think "we need to build more nukes"

Cause you never know whats around the next asteriod. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back